Sunday, September 26, 2010

Revs Impress

The Revs tied the Crew last night 2-2. Even though the Revs blew a 2 goal lead in the second half it was still a very entertaining game to attend. Both teams played very well and created many chances. It was one of the better games this year for sure. In fact, I'd say either last night's game or the game against New York, one of those two was the best game of the year.

If only the Revs played every game the way they played last night. They'd be in the playoff hunt.

The crowd in the Fort was very good. I was surprised to find out that only about 13,500 were in attendance. When I was there it looked like there were more.

Before the game I got the chance to watch the team warm up from the sidelines which was cool. Took lots of pictures. When Jankauskas came out I yelled out his name and when he turned around I pointed at my FC Porto hat that I was wearing. He smiled and gave me a thumbs up. He looked a bit surprised. After warm ups as he was going back to the locker room I yelled "Jankauskas, we still love you at Porto!!" He laughed and again looked a bit surprised haha. He will always be remembered at Porto. He is a legend, he was the man who was fouled that led directly to this.

Enough said.

-Andrew

2 comments:

  1. Way to sneak in that video at the end. Living in the past?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not living in the past. It's just one of those great moments in the history of soccer. Like Bird stealing the ball against the Pistons. Priceless, it will never be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete