Sunday, August 8, 2010

Revs Win! What's with the Martino Hype?

The Revs beat DC United last night at home 1-0. Not a very good game to watch though. Probably the worst game I've been to all year. Neither team really did anything the entire game. The Revs had one chance and they scored. Game should've ended 0-0. But hey, the Revs were able to win so you can't complain with that.

I don't get what all the hype is about in regards to Kyle Martino as a color commentator. He's not bad but he's also not that good. He's ok. I guess he's good in comparison to most others in MLS but that's not really saying much. I'm not trying to hate on the guy or anything, I just don't see what all the hype is about. I still think Harkes is the best one around in MLS. He's not great either but I think he's solid. Speaking of Martino, Fox Soccer has cancelled Fox Football Phone In. That's a shame. I really enjoyed the program. I liked Eric Wynalda on it. Sure, every once in a while he says something stupid, like "Kasey Keller is the best goalie in the world" (note: he didn't say that on Fox Football Phone In, he said it before a game in the 2006 World Cup) but at least he was interesting to watch and had his own opinion on things. They're replacing it with a show hosted by Martino. It appears that the program is geared more towards the casual fan. Maybe I'll check it out. Hopefully it's good but I'll miss Nick Webster as well. Enjoyed hearing what he had to say.

-Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment