Sunday, July 4, 2010

MLS Cards Part 1

I've been collecting sports cards since I was 3 years old. It's something I've always enjoyed doing. So naturally when MLS cards started appearing I started doing some collecting. Unlike other sports, MLS only has one set per year which is made by Upper Deck (UD). This isn't a surprise as for many years baseball, hockey, basketball, and football had only one set per year. Eventually multiple companies entered those markets and now you have Topps, UD, Fleer, Score, etc. making sets for these sports. I think Score and Fleer have actually been bought by Topps and UD but their brands still exist. Maybe in the next 10 years Topps or another company will also enter the marker. For now we have UD which has done a pretty good job for the most part. Anyways, back in May the 2010 UD MLS set came out. Beckett which is the top source for card pricing and product reviews does a segment online and in their price guide called Box Busters in which they review different sets. Check out the link which is a review of the UD 2010 MLS Set. It's a good review and a nice intro to the set. You can also check out this breakdown of the set which gives you a good view of what the set contains. You can also check out the official UD site for the official checklists for the set.

I recently got a hobby box and I'll post my own opinions of the set in part two of this post.

-Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment