Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Same old same old

Sometimes it may appear that we're a bit negative here at the old Boston Ultras HQ. At one point I even started to wonder if we were the only ones and that most other loyal Revs fans were actually quite content with the team. Well, if Mike Burn's answers are any indication of how Revs fans (those of us who are left anyways) are feeling these days then we're not alone. He pretty much got blasted by everyone who posted a comment. Which in fairness, his answers deserved. Here's one quote taken directly from one of his answers

"If fully healthy, we feel our current roster is more than capable of challenging for a league title."

No. I was going to write about how that isn't the case but if he's not going to do a good job answering our questions then why should I bother.

I help run a website dedicated to the New England Revolution. What am I doing with my life?

To be fair to Burns. He probably has little to no power in calling any real shots. Like signing a DP, at the end of the day he probably has little say. I could be completely wrong on this, but I think that's what the case is here.

I had a question about players on loan and how often times you can get these players for free. But he didn't do a very good job answering it. I probably should've asked "Can you explain the rational behind the Khano Smith signing?" Yeah, he probably would've completely skipped that one.

Lets move on to other things, like the 5-0 thrashing on Friday night. I watched the game on Comcast Sports Net. They had some clips of Nicol saying some stuff that was filmed in some studio before the game., I forget what exactly he said. Anyways, did anyone else notice how red his face was? It was like a tomato. He looked like Toni after a Benfica game.

Part 2 of my post on the 2010 MLS cards will be put up sometime this weekend.

-Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment