Sunday, May 2, 2010

8 Men Revs Hold off Dallas

The Revs were able to hold FC Dallas to a 1-1 draw after being reduced to 8 men on the pitch as a result of Kheli Dube and Joseph Niouky being ejected following red cards and the inclusion of Khano Smith at halftime.

This is a game that Dallas should've won given the fact that they were up 3 men.

Thank you Dario Sala, we owe you one. Really, what were you thinking? Perhaps it's time Kevin Hartman's given a chance.

Will Zack Schilawski score 10 goals this year? It's tough to say. I'm going to go out and say that he does score 10 goals this year. He's a solid player and it doesn't look like Twellman will be back anytime soon. So he should be a starter for the foreseeable future.

What is Steve Nicol thinking? As I walked out of the stadium I kept wondering what went through his mind when he decided to put Smith in at the half. I would love to hear his rational behind the decision. I know that I am sometimes critical of Mansally, but Mansally is actually a talented player. He just doesn't have much discipline and doesn't really have much of a soccer IQ at the moment. But at least when he's on he can play and create something. I don't know Nicol. I think it's time for you to go.

The attendance was once again disappointing. Just over 10,000 fans attended the game according to MLS's official site (Revs vs FC Dallas Recap). I forget how exactly MLS comes up with this number. I know I've seen how it's done. I shall find it and post it in the near future.

I'm not so sure Matt Reis should be the starter once he comes back. If Preston Burpo continues to play the way he's been playing then he should continue to start. You have to go with the hot goalie.

-Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment