Friday, May 14, 2010

Revs Waive Mauricio Castro

Castro's disappointing spell with the Revolution has come to an end. Castro failed to be a consistent performer during his time here. Waiving him opens up a roster spot to sign someone else or promote someone from the academy. The Revolution did not release the terms of Castro's deal when they resigned him a few months ago and I'm not completely sure what the rules are in terms of waiving players and how much salary you owe them if you do so. My guess is that the Revs are saving some money and freeing up some cap space. How much? I don't know and that's if my assumption is even correct. It's a good move. I never really saw Castro being a part of this team. He's not a bad player, but I don't see him fitting in well here.

Now if you excuse me I have to go back to staring at a wall. It's been a rough night.

-Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment